My mom is from Thailand, so that makes me 1/2 Thai. It also makes me a lover of Thai food, and who doesn’t love Thai?! It’s so yummy!!
This is a healthy noodle dish that can be served either hot or cold but traditionally it is served at room temperature. It’s one of my favorites and my mom makes it almost every time I come home. It’s delicious and surprisingly easy to make!
1. Info for Thai Lettuce Wraps
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 5
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 4 bunches of transparent noodles
- 2 cups Veggie broth
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- juice of 2-3 limes
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery sliced thin
- 4-6 whole cabbage leaves for wrapping
- First, bring your broth to a boil and blanch the chopped veggies by adding them to the boiling water and then removing them quickly with a slotted spoon. This will soften the veggies but they’ll still maintain a really nice crunch.
- Next, boil your noodles in the remaining broth until they become clear or transparent.
- Toss all ingredients with with oil, lime juice, and salt (you can also add a little extra broth if you need to). Garnish with green onions and cilantro and eat as is or wrapped in a half or whole cabbage leaf.