As I alluded to earlier in the week, I am on a quest to use up some of my half used bags of food in my pantry. I found a great sounding no bake cookie on allrecipes.com, but as usual, I had to change it a little. Recipes often get adapted according to what ingredients I actually have, not what the original author intended. These last about 30 minutes once I fire the starting pistol on dessert. My kids like the funky texture as well as the sweet taste. They are a little like silly putty, but totally edible.
1. Info for White Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for White Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- Melt the marshmallows, butter and chips in the microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave, it may take a bit more or less).
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the coconut and oatmeal.
- You may need to use your hands to get it all incorporated.
- Form golf ball sized balls and place on waxed paper.
- Mine were so firm that I just left them on the counter.
4. Tips and advices:
- Use gluten free oatmeal for a gf treat.