Tender bone-in pork chops are coated in a homemade caramelized brown sugar glaze.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops.
1. Info for Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 440.32 kcal
2. Ingredients for Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, place two pork chops in the skillet. Sear the pork, undisturbed, until browned on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. Flip the chops and sear for an additional 2 minutes on the other side. Transfer the pork chops to the baking dish.
- Repeat the searing process with the remaining oil and pork chops. Do not rinse or wipe out the skillet after all the pork chops have been seared.
- Bake the pork chops on middle rack of oven until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 135-140°F, 8-10 minutes.
- Check to see that pork chops are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Carefully transfer the pork chops to a dinner plate.
- Set the skillet from earlier over medium heat. Pour the pork juices from the casserole dish into the skillet. Add the butter, brown sugar, Dijon, cinnamon, and cayenne. Cook the glaze, whisking constantly, until it begins to bubble and thicken, 2-3 minutes. Once bubbling, place the pork chops in the skillet, turning to coat in the glaze.
- Plate the pork chops, spoon any extra glaze over the top, and serve immediately.