These Hungarian Strawberry Bars are great for a quick breakfast on the go, a snack in the afternoon, or a late night craving. They take 75 minutes to prepare, so consider making two batches. Everyone will love them. They are rich and dream, and have 210 calories per serving. Once prepared, be ready for an onslaught of praise. Each batch of these flavorful creations make 20 bars, so everyone can have a couple.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Hungarian Strawberry Bars.
1. Info for Hungarian Strawberry Bars
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 20
- Calories: 207.03 kcal
2. Ingredients for Hungarian Strawberry Bars
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 gr. vegetable shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsps. cold water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Cut in the shortening.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks, sour cream water, and vanilla together. Add to the flour mixture and stir together to form a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. Cover each with plastic and let cool for approximately 60 minutes.
- Roll out one piece of dough until it is the approximate size of the baking dish. Place into the bottom of the baking dish. Spread with jam and sprinkle with nuts.
- Roll out the other piece of dough and cut into strips. Place the strips over the layer of jam and nuts.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool completely, cut into squares, and serve.