Adapted from the Moosewood cookbook. I love this soup because it is to-die-for! 🙂 It will be one of those special recipes that you use again and again!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup .
1. Info for Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 253.74 kcal
2. Ingredients for Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (any kind – a mix is the best)
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 TBSP soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup milk or plain almond milk
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice (I add more because I love lemon)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Put in the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, liquid aminos (or soy sauce) and broth. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a separate bowl. Pour into the soup and stir well. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stir occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the ground black pepper, lemon juice and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Mix together and allow to heat over low heat, about 5 minutes. Do not boil. Add fresh parsley to the top for garnish and serve with crusty warm bread.